Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bible Version Discussion




For this discussion about Bible Versions, my source is Wikipedia.

Do you know how many Bible versions there are?  I thought I owned a lot of Bibles till I found the answer.  There are over 450 versions!

I personally own five:


  1. The King James Version
  2. The Living Bible
  3. The New World Translation
  4. New International Version
  5. Interlinear Bible


The King James version began in 1604, and is written using words we don’t use in our everyday language.  If you have the opportunity to purchase the 400th Anniversary edition, I recommend you do that!



The Living Bible was first published in 1971.  I call this one the poetic version because its easy to read and often the words are poem like.  However it is an interpretation of the Bible and has many verses that are not accurate, caution needs to be used when quoting from this one. 



The New World Translation began in 1947.  This Bible uses modern English, easy to read and understand.  This is the Bible I default to in my personal reading and blog quoting, unless otherwise noted.  If you’re a book reader and familiar with goodreads, this Bible has 5 out of 5 stars for easy reading and accuracy.



New International Version originally published in the 1970’s.  It went through a “major” revision in 1984 due to inaccuracy's.  However it is easy to read and in modern English.



Interlinear Bible is a combination of the original Hebrew and Greek with its literal English translation written underneath.  This makes it easy for deep study and accuracy questions.



I'd be happy to send you a free PDF Bible, please comment below with your email address.



I offer a FREE BIBLE STUDY course that will answer your Bible questions.  Please use the comment section below to request information.

No comments:

Post a Comment